Saturday 3 November 2012

Ambiant advertising

Whilst researching ambiant placement and techniques for a Lee jeans campaign for my Black sheet (D&AD inspired) brief I came across an advert for Nike for their 'run gear' a simple message, "don't sit when you can run" but the ambient placement and simplistic design give a mundane idea a powerful punch in the real world. No copy is required to make this advert work, often I believe that this demonstrates a better understanding of the intentions of the brand than a print or video advert with the same message. When products are presented in real terms they are understood and appreciated far better by the public.
I hope to emulate this effect in my jeans advert in order to create a similar effect and make the demographic reveal for themselves, the message I am trying to promote. Lee jeans are harder to crease than other types because of their thicker denim.



No comments:

Post a Comment